One.

Hello from Tennessee!
Brigid Oxhorn here, aka No Milk just reaching out in the self-promoting only way I know how, to express gratitude and support to friends new and old in D.I.Y. Music scenes across the country. And fans thereof. This is my new website, blog or not, and I do plan to share as much as I can of my non-fiction writing and also music of course, my main creative squeeze. I’ve had a rough time dealing with some huge life changes in the last few years, but as I have finally been somewhat out-of-the-tunnel, now seems like a good time to open back up and lay it down in any mildly creative forms I’ve got. 


So here goes! I have taken a hiatus from playing live with one fantastic notable exception of getting to open for To Live And Shave in L.A. this June at Betty’s, and come January I will be hosting a locals-only noise & more bill for the first time in ages. I’m way stoked, can’t wait to flier, etc! The date is January 18th, I’ll have more info up here and on medias soon. 

In my most recent gig, I finally made a return to live synth and drum machine playing, and though I love to rip a good backing track karaoke set, I felt somewhat more authentic doing so and may try to make it a thing from now on. I re-acquired my old all-purpose drum machine, Electribe ESX 1, and now after gratefully discovering the power adaptor to my Yamaha CS1X was easy to replace online (who knew, right? haha!), I am still committed to recreating my lo-fi studio experience live for others. 


So armed with a variety of re-envisioned and vintage/antique synthesizers, my guitar and my bass, and my fave drum machine, I am returning to whatever compelled me to start writing and tracking in the first place, and of course I still don’t know quite exactly what that even is. Keeps things mysterious. I have greatly enjoyed using the time away from playing live shows to deepen my understanding of and listening to a great many artists, and as a Soulseek convert (better late than never), I am truly doing my best to pay respect where it’s due and catch up on decades of international music history. Filling up until I am flooding out with inspiration and excitement to try new approaches and reach for that “universal harmony rainbow” to quote a colleague, Lazy Magnet. 


Somehow lost in the amazing process of finding myself in music, I feel stronger than I ever knew I could be, and ready to do what I can to share my own experiences and influences with others. Through songwriting, through radio, through friendly suggestions or social media, anything and everything good. I hope you’ll stop by this virtual saloon from time to time to catch up with me, and I can’t see the future but I promise I will do my best to make it worth your while. 


Sincerely, No Milk 2018